I bought my family (wife & 18 month-year-old baby) through visit visa to Kuwait. Please let me know, can I change visit visa to dependent without leaving country? If it possible, what are the documents need to prepare and where I can go to for this? Your earliest reply is really appreciable and helpful.

Name withheld

Answer: Under current regulations it is possible to change your family’s visit visa to dependent visa but we must add that it is not a guarantee that it must be done as the immigration department has the final say in making that determination. You need the same documents you used in applying for the visit visa when applying for a change of the visit visa to dependent visa. The processes of applying for the change are all done at the immigration department in your area.

Source: Arab Times